A center of excellence in sustainable urban development, innovation, environmental protection and social inclusion
To provide the citizen and business community effective Municipal Services while maintaining Community and cultural values
The objects of the Municipality of Kimilili are to—
- Provide for efficient and accountable management of the affairs of the Municipality.
- Provide for a governance mechanism that will enable the inhabitants of the Municipality to—
- Participate in determining the social services and regulatory framework which will best satisfy their needs and expectations.
- Verify whether public resources and authority are utilized or exercised, as the case may be, to their satisfaction. Bungoma County Subsidiary Legislation, 2018 3
- Enjoy efficiency in service delivery.
- vigorously pursue the developmental opportunities which are available in the Municipality and to institute such measures as are necessary for achieving public order and the provisions of civic amenities, so as to enhance the quality of life of the inhabitants of the Municipality.
- provide a high standard of social services in a cost-effective manner to the inhabitants of the Municipality.
- promote social cohesiveness and a sense of civic duty and responsibility among the inhabitants and stakeholders in the Municipality in order to facilitate collective action and commitment towards achieving the goal of a harmonious and stable community.
- Providing for services, laws and other matters for Municipality’s benefit.
- Fostering the economic, social and environmental well-being of its community
The Kimilili Municipality Charter
The Municipality Charter is a legal document that gave the Municipality legal basis for carrying out their mandate. The Charter was passed by the County Assembly and gazetted on 24th of May 2018. The Municipal Charter stipulates the powers and functions of the Municipal Boards and The Municipal Manager