- The Board of the Municipality shall have all the powers and perform all functions vested in boards of municipalities under the Urban Areas and Cities Act, the County Government Act and the Municipality By-laws.
- Except as this Charter otherwise provides, all powers of the Municipality shall be vested in the Board of the Municipality.
- The Board of the Municipality shall provide for the exercise of these powers and for the performance of all duties and obligations imposed on the Board of the Municipality.
- Subject to the Constitution and any other written law, the Board of the Municipality shall, within the boundaries of the Municipality of Kimilili —
(a) Exercise executive authority as delegated by the County Executive Committee of the County of Bungoma;
(b) Ensure provision of services to its residents;
(c) Impose such fees, levies and charges as may be authorized by the County Government for delivery of services by the Municipality;
(d) Promote constitutional values and principles;
(e) Ensure the implementation and compliance with policies formulated by both the National and County Government;
(f) Make By-laws or make recommendations for issues to be included in By-laws; Bungoma County Subsidiary Legislation, 2018 5
(g) Ensure participation of the residents in decision making, its activities and programmes; and
(h) Exercise such other powers as may be delegated by the County Executive Committee of the County of Bungoma.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of law or this Charter, the Board of the Municipality shall exercise such executive authority as may be delegated by the County Executive Committee for the necessary performance of its functions.